alterVERSE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site open for many types of role play~

You are not connected. Please login or register

Points of View?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Points of View? Empty Points of View? Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:56 am

Liafi

Admin

What are the Points of View?

Writing is told in different styles, called tenses. There are three tenses, two of which are more commonly used than the third one.

First person style, which is not to be used here, is one of the more common styles of literature. Below is an example.

Trembling, I sat in the chair. The confirmation of the return of dragons was too much. Chimeras? I could handle them, but [/i]dragons[i]? No. This was too much. How were people going to live with this fact suddenly bearing down on top of them? It was not as though we had the material to withstand an another attack from the huge beasts. Our homes would be destroyed time after time, and they expected us all to just rebuild and hope that another attack would never come? Not on my watch.

Second Person is less commonly used in writing. An example is below.

You stare into the distance as an orb of light looms closer and closer.

Yeah. Easy to see why no one really uses it, eh?

Third person, which is what we ask you to use here, is the other more common point of view used. An example can be found below.

The large male trudged through the snow as whipping winds flung the icy crystals of ice into his face. He grunted and changed his path, so that his face might regain feeling in his nose. The ebony beast was like a beacon against the white, should there have been any beings to look at him.

So there you have it.

https://alterverse.rpg-board.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum